Notices

Best PPF installer in the North Bay

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2023, 08:51 PM
jmrichards
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Best PPF installer in the North Bay

I live in Marin County and have a new 911 arriving next week. The dealer wants an outrageous amount for a front only PPF. Do you have any suggestions for a great installer in Marin or the north bay?
Old 10-26-2023, 03:00 PM
davidhead
Track Day

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I spared no expense and went for the best:ISSIMI Meccanica
952 Bransten Rd
San Carlos, CA 94070-4029
(650) 352-4648
Service@issimi.com
https://www.themeccanica.com/
They work on supercars around the bay area and did a full ppf and ceramic on my 992 GTS cab. Simply amazing job. Not one seam. Perfect! They are not cheap though.

Last edited by davidhead; 10-26-2023 at 03:38 PM.
Old 10-27-2023, 09:27 PM
jmrichards
Instructor

A friend of mine recommended Juan Gomez of JG installers in San Rafael. Has anyone had experience with this company?
Old 10-30-2023, 09:39 PM
david
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by jmrichards
A friend of mine recommended Juan Gomez of JG installers in San Rafael. Has anyone had experience with this company?
I highly recomend Juan; he did some work on my 997.2 4S including some rework and he is a great communicator, technician and is reasonable! No affiliation other than a happy consumer.

Congrats on the new 911! There are a number of us up here and on RL so say hi when you are settled in with your new ride...
Old 10-30-2023, 10:37 PM
jmrichards
Instructor

Originally Posted by david
I highly recomend Juan; he did some work on my 997.2 4S including some rework and he is a great communicator, technician and is reasonable! No affiliation other than a happy consumer.

Congrats on the new 911! There are a number of us up here and on RL so say hi when you are settled in with your new ride...
Thanks so much for your comments. I met with Juan and was very impressed. My only concern was security while the car is there. Did you have any similar concerns?
Old 10-31-2023, 01:54 PM
david
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Thanks so much for your comments. I met with Juan and was very impressed. My only concern was security while the car is there. Did you have any similar concerns?
I do know that he moved but unsure where Juan is currently located? When I saw him he was on Irwin St (next door to SCarGo) and it was a safe location...
Old 10-31-2023, 02:19 PM
jmrichards
Instructor

I do know that he moved but unsure where Juan is currently located? When I saw him he was on Irwin St (next door to SCarGo) and it was a safe location...
He is now at 911 Francisco Blvd E Suite A, San Rafael behind Marin Imports.
Old 10-31-2023, 02:26 PM
david
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

He is now at 911 Francisco Blvd E Suite A, San Rafael behind Marin Imports.
Yup that is a bit sketchier neighborhood but I believe that it is safe enough during the day and if he has indoor parking at night, than there shouldn't be any issue...
Old 10-31-2023, 04:51 PM
inspire
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 81 Posts

I live in Marin too but there aren't many installers up here North Bay, but you can try ceramic pro san rafael or jg installers.

The local dealer I'm pretty sure contracts their installs to a shop in Santa Rosa so that's probably why it's so expensive.

Last edited by inspire; 10-31-2023 at 04:54 PM.
Old 12-04-2023, 05:17 PM
jmrichards
Instructor

I just got my 911 Targa 4S back from JG installers, and Juan did a great job. Front PPF and full ceramic coating. I also highly recommend his work for anyone in the Marin/North Bay area.
Old 12-05-2023, 08:46 AM
david
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I just got my 911 Targa 4S back from JG installers, and Juan did a great job. Front PPF and full ceramic coating. I also highly recommend his work for anyone in the Marin/North Bay area.
Thanks for the trip report I'm so happy about the great results!

We should be thankful that the notion of once a Pro always a Pro is real; it is great that our community can help support Juan's outstanding ability to provide great service with his care, experience, craftsmanship, dilligence to perfection (& just being real!), which is sometimes in short supply on our little "island" in the north bay.

So glad that your baby is protected and that you've brought the recomendation full circle...cheers and hope to see you out there...CW 997.2/4s
Old 04-06-2024, 08:15 PM
NEH51
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts

@jmrichards i have a TT being delivered in October to Porsche Walnut Creek. They are quoting $2,500 for PPF front and hips (wrapped edges no seems/pre-cut). Could you give a sense of what Juan charges?
Old 04-06-2024, 08:21 PM
jmrichards
Instructor

Originally Posted by NEH51
@jmrichards i have a TT being delivered in October to Porsche Walnut Creek. They are quoting $2,500 for PPF front and hips (wrapped edges no seems/pre-cut). Could you give a sense of what Juan charges?
That is much more reasonable than what my dealer was asking. However, I would avoid pre-cut work. No matter what they say you will have seams that collect dirt over time. I recommend you give Juan a call to find out his price for your car. His work is all hand cut to fit your vehicle. Congratulations on you new ride.
The following users liked this post:
NEH51 (04-06-2024)

Quick Reply: Best PPF installer in the North Bay