Notices

Emden to US West Coast @ 2024

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2024, 03:24 AM
20C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 188 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Surlygerman
For those of you on the Glovis Companion, it has docked in San Diego. Interestingly, my TYD shows the ship off the coast of central Mexico and dealer arrival 4/15. My SA said their system shows arrival 4/19. Should be interesting to see how this shakes out.

Glovis Companion was running days ahead of schedule. My Audi is on it and the dealer is still saying late Apr arrival to dealer. Finger crossed.

Anyone know when Glovis Cosmos is docking San Diego?
The following users liked this post:
ManualT (04-08-2024)
Old 04-08-2024, 10:05 AM
Marin Vizsla
Instructor

Received 213 Likes on 118 Posts

Per the Stena Glovis schedule, Cosmos should arrive in SD around 04/11. Right now it’s south of Cabo San Lucas so the 04/11 ETA seems about right - might be a day early.

The various shipping schedules seem to be more accurate of dates than the TYD dates. In certain cases, I think Porsche adds a bit of fudge factor to dates to be cautious - which is good I guess.

Originally Posted by 20C4S
Glovis Companion was running days ahead of schedule. My Audi is on it and the dealer is still saying late Apr arrival to dealer. Finger crossed.

Anyone know when Glovis Cosmos is docking San Diego?

Last edited by Marin Vizsla; 04-08-2024 at 10:10 AM.
Old 04-08-2024, 10:42 AM
Marin Vizsla
Instructor

100% agree. It’s getting real….

Per Marine Traffic future tracking, Jiuyang should be north of Aruba by tomorrow Tuesday morning. It should have favorable currents the rest of the way to Santa Marta and then the Panama Canal. It should arrive in Santa Marta on time on 04/10 per plan.

Originally Posted by zanary
Great news. JIUYANG BLOSSOM has finally entered Terrestrial AIS range once again... Getting really close to Santa Maria now... Made the long journey across the Atlantic. Should be smooth sailing to Columbia, Panama Canal, San Diego and then Benicia... Still cruising at 19 mph... ETA is still showing as 4/10 at 08:00...

Exciting!

Last edited by Marin Vizsla; 04-08-2024 at 03:00 PM.
Earle (04-08-2024)
Old 04-08-2024, 11:53 AM
OpieSF
Track Day

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks like Glovis Companion just rolled through the Golden Gate and is heading to a parking/holding station in San Francisco Bay before it heads to Benecia.

The following 2 users liked this post by OpieSF:
Earle (04-08-2024), Marin Vizsla (04-08-2024)
Old 04-08-2024, 12:10 PM
BaxterB
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

@Marin Vizsla Any insight into Emden departures this week? My C2S arrived at Emden 3/28 along with several others and the TYD app still says departure is 4/12, but I can’t figure out which Porsche RORO it might be. I thought the Poseidon Leader, but it appears docked
Old 04-08-2024, 01:32 PM
Marin Vizsla
Instructor

If I recall correctly, you’re SD bound right?

The TYD departure date of 04/12 still aligns with NYK ship Poseidon Leader. It just arrived in Zeebrugge BE yesterday and still has to stop by Bremerhaven before docking at Emden.

Good luck on getting the Milestone 8 email notification over this weekend. That’s your true confirmation that you got on the boat.

Originally Posted by BaxterB
@Marin Vizsla Any insight into Emden departures this week? My C2S arrived at Emden 3/28 along with several others and the TYD app still says departure is 4/12, but I can’t figure out which Porsche RORO it might be. I thought the Poseidon Leader, but it appears docked

The following 2 users liked this post by Marin Vizsla:
BaxterB (04-08-2024), Mondo1 (04-08-2024)
Old 04-08-2024, 05:25 PM
kamichael
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 3uros
How many west coast folks who've agreed to an ADM will renegotiate once their car arrives? The market is softening quite a bit since most of us first placed our orders and I'm starting to now hear SoCal dealers offering available allocations at MSRP.
Just curious, do you know which models are now being offered with allocations at MSRP? How did you hear about this, did you speak with dealers yourself? Can you say if it is on the Carrera base, T or higher trims like the S or GTS?

Last edited by kamichael; 04-08-2024 at 05:34 PM.
Old 04-08-2024, 07:05 PM
3uros
Rennlist Member

Received 344 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by kamichael
Just curious, do you know which models are now being offered with allocations at MSRP? How did you hear about this, did you speak with dealers yourself? Can you say if it is on the Carrera base, T or higher trims like the S or GTS?
A buddy of mine called a few dealers around SoCal. He's been off and on shopping around for a 992 allocation since last summer and mentioned that he was finally able to negotiate at MSRP for a C2S allocation at both South Bay and out in Santa Barbara. He really wants a GTS but everywhere is still asking an ADM for GTS' if you can actually find an allocation. I personally haven't shopped around as I have my allocation and don't want to walk away from it since I've been waiting since Nov. I will still ask if my SA can do me a solid favor and sell me the equivalent amount of service contracts instead of just an ADM but I'm not holding my breath. I believe most SAs make more on the front end of a deal rather than the back end. An ADM is considered the front end and all service contracts, financing point mark ups, etc. are all part of the back end of a deal.
kamichael (04-09-2024)
Old 04-09-2024, 11:20 AM
n4v4nod
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,629 Likes on 898 Posts

J. Blossom update:

zanary (04-09-2024)
Old 04-09-2024, 11:28 AM
kamichael
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

A buddy of mine called a few dealers around SoCal. He's been off and on shopping around for a 992 allocation since last summer and mentioned that he was finally able to negotiate at MSRP for a C2S allocation at both South Bay and out in Santa Barbara. He really wants a GTS but everywhere is still asking an ADM for GTS' if you can actually find an allocation. I personally haven't shopped around as I have my allocation and don't want to walk away from it since I've been waiting since Nov. I will still ask if my SA can do me a solid favor and sell me the equivalent amount of service contracts instead of just an ADM but I'm not holding my breath. I believe most SAs make more on the front end of a deal rather than the back end. An ADM is considered the front end and all service contracts, financing point mark ups, etc. are all part of the back end of a deal.
Thank you, this sounds to be in line with what I have been others say as well, in SoCal anyway. I also have a car on order going back to November that I expect to take delivery of in the coming week. I was just curious if ADM was still occurring. My car is a GTS and I found what I believed to be a very fair ADM, all things considered for SoCal. As you noted, it was difficult even finding a GTS commission, let alone without an ADM. This appears to still be the case. So many YouTubers are posting what appear to be clickbait videos about the market falling and no more markups. These videos are mainly on the GT3 - which I would say still demands a healthy ADM), but I still believe the market is strong on a short supply car, so ADM is not out of line for a 911 - especially the higher you go in trims. I would suspect one might be able to find a base, S or T trim at MSRP, but that is about it. At the same time, even those allocations are almost always snatched up and don't hang around without a committed buyer. This makes me feel a little better about paying ADM on my GTS.

Last edited by kamichael; 04-09-2024 at 11:30 AM.
FileTitan (04-09-2024)
Old 04-09-2024, 12:01 PM
Earle
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 61 Posts

Good Tuesday Morning! Here is today's position report of Jiuyang Blossom:

Arriving Santa Marta tomorrow!

The following 3 users liked this post by Earle:
4eva (04-09-2024), freesole (04-09-2024), zanary (04-09-2024)
Old 04-09-2024, 06:32 PM
3uros
Rennlist Member

Received 344 Likes on 195 Posts

World map update as of this afternoon. Glovis Companion seems to still be anchored east of the city in the bay waiting for the Benicia port to clear up.

The following 4 users liked this post by 3uros:
4eva (04-10-2024), Earle (04-09-2024), n4v4nod (04-09-2024), OpieSF (04-10-2024)
Old 04-10-2024, 02:02 AM
FileTitan
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

World map update as of this afternoon. Glovis Companion seems to still be anchored east of the city in the bay waiting for the Benicia port to clear up.

My one car is being prepared to be moved to the dealer while the other one is still soooo damnnn farrrrr (Leader)
Old 04-10-2024, 02:26 AM
ThrustNormal
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Marin Vizsla
If I recall correctly, you’re SD bound right?

The TYD departure date of 04/12 still aligns with NYK ship Poseidon Leader. It just arrived in Zeebrugge BE yesterday and still has to stop by Bremerhaven before docking at Emden.

Good luck on getting the Milestone 8 email notification over this weekend. That’s your true confirmation that you got on the boat.

Ive been at Port Emden for over 8 weeks now. TYD finally updated this week(It had not updated in months) showing an Emden departure date of 4/15. I sure hope I'm all chip'd up and ready to sail on this one. Fingers crossed.
FileTitan (04-10-2024)
Old 04-10-2024, 04:29 AM
Marin Vizsla
Instructor

Poseidon Leader docked at Bremerhaven earlier today Tues around 1pm Pacific. It should be departing for Emden in a day or so. Let’s hope you get your Get Out of Jail Free card on Sat or Sun. Keep us updated!

Originally Posted by ThrustNormal
Ive been at Port Emden for over 8 weeks now. TYD finally
updated this week(It had not updated in months) showing an Emden departure date of 4/15. I sure hope I'm all chip'd up and ready to sail on this one. Fingers crossed.

Quick Reply: Emden to US West Coast @ 2024