Notices

Indy near Palm Springs?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2014, 05:31 PM
bal
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Indy near Palm Springs?

Hi there - I'm looking to get a PPI done on a 996 that is in Palm Springs.
According to pcarshops.com my choices are:
1. International Motors - this is really the only one that is near Palm Springs.
2. Escondido German Auto Center
3. Dream Cars Auto Repair
4. European Motorsports
5. Orange County Imports

Any recommendations?
Old 02-10-2014, 02:23 AM
monteolsen1
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bal
Hi there - I'm looking to get a PPI done on a 996 that is in Palm Springs. According to pcarshops.com my choices are: 1. International Motors - this is really the only one that is near Palm Springs. 2. Escondido German Auto Center 3. Dream Cars Auto Repair 4. European Motorsports 5. Orange County Imports Any recommendations?
Howdy, As you probably know, Escondido is a heck of a drive from Palm Springs. My wife lived in Indio, and her family lives in Escondido, now. I wish I could help as far as recommendations, but I suppose as a last resort, you could check the BBB database or Yelp reviews if there are any and they look legitimate. Good luck.
Old 02-19-2014, 12:16 PM
nix0807
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

International Motors is a good shop. They've serviced a few of my ///M cars, owner has an '80s 911 and one of tech is experienced with 993s. PM me if you need more details or have questions.
Old 02-19-2014, 02:19 PM
bal
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks. I had the PPI scheduled with them. When the seller showed up with the car, she was told that they could not do the inspection because one of the techs was sick. It would have been nice if they had called to let her know that they could not do it.
Old 03-12-2020, 04:12 PM
forestial
Instructor

Received 100 Likes on 64 Posts

Reviving this old thread to ask the same question again: any recommendations for PPI in the Palm Springs area.
I have seen the comments about International Motors, but interested if anyone has more recent experience with them, or with another shop.
Old 03-13-2020, 12:39 AM
RKCarl
Track Day

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

European Auto Service in Palm Desert did my last oil change and inspection. I was very happy with their service.

Quick Reply: Indy near Palm Springs?