Sponsored by:

Torque Wrench and Lug Socket

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 03:28 PM
Frank A.
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Torque Wrench and Lug Socket

Hi all. I am planning on removing my wheels from my 997.1 Targa for a thorough cleaning. Based on the recommendation I read here, I purchased a floor jack from Costco. Can anyone suggest a decent torque wrench and lug socket (19mm from what I have read here)? Also, do I need to use the anti-seize compound on the bolts each time I remove and re-install the wheel? Any suggestions for a good anti-seize compound? Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Frank A.
Old 07-11-2011, 05:02 PM
w8n4ya
Intermediate

Hi Frank,

I use a Harbor Freight 2 ton floor jack with a "puck" (from Automotion) to help protect the underbody when lifting. I use a Gorilla wrench to remove my lugs - it does include a 19mm socket that I bought from Vertex. I then reinstall my anodized black lugs (also from Vertex) after service with a Craftsman torque wrench and a Porsche soft lined socket (Automotion) dialed to 95 ftlbs. I do not apply anti-seize to my threads.
Old 07-17-2011, 01:08 AM
Perculator00
Instructor

You could put the Anti Sieze on, but dont put on much...just a small dap really spreads far. Really, I would imagine that it would be a heck of a lot more important to dab some anti sieze IF you were not going to Torque the lug nuts. For the longest time I WAS not tightening the lugs to torque until I realized that the heat which is created on the metal to metal contact COULD/CAN really bend/warp the rims. But to Torque lug nuts your going to need a 1/2" Torque Wrench.

Quick Reply: Torque Wrench and Lug Socket